Friday, January 12, 2007

Five Things You Don't Know About Me


It looks like I've been "tagged" by fellow mediation blogger Vickie Pynchon to disclose something personal about myself in her "Five Things You Don't Know About Me" blog tag posting.

First, I am the middle child (and only daughter) between two brothers evenly spaced at 3 years younger and 3 years older than I am. There's something about this dynamic about being the middle child and wanting to foster harmonious relations; that may be one explanation for my gravitation toward mediation.

Second, I was the opinion editor of the newspaper produced by the community college I attended (Cypress College) prior to matriculating to UC Irvine. I had a column titled "Paula Logic" which was a forum for me to write about politics, life and whatever else was interesting to me, kind of like this blog!

Third, I was a private investigator for several years before and during law school. The field of law was a creative way for me to combine writing with the work I enjoyed as an investigator. Luckily for me, private investigation work paid better than many of my law school classmates' bartending jobs or free clerking positions.

Fourth, I'm not a workaholic by any means, but if I won the lottery, I would still work because I love what I do. But I would probably only work a couple days a week. Also, I would have to play the lottery for this scenario to work - but I don't.

Fifth, one of the great things about living in a city like San Francisco is that we do not rely on our cars as much as we would if we lived in the suburbs. Although I have a car and love driving, I love the freedom of not being tied to my car. So I walk and take BART, and even MUNI trains on occasion and, yes, I even wear tennis shoes with my suits and break out my high heels once I'm where I need to be.

I will update this posting when I think of some other bloggers to tag now!

No comments: